There are opportunities to embed a value-based approach at every stage of the healthcare pathway, many great examples of which have already been introduced by teams across Wales. Working with our partners, we will expand our programme reach to enable the delivery of value throughout the entire pathway, for the whole population of Wales, equitably.
We are focussed on:
- Publishing evidence of improved outcomes and/or optimised resource allocation across the whole pathway (prevention through to end of life).
- Offering support for exemplar projects which demonstrate how cultural and infrastructural change to a value-based healthcare approach can improve outcomes and create a more sustainable healthcare delivery that meets the evolving needs of our population.
- Developing new approaches to ‘financing for value’.
- Undertaking evidence based evaluations of new models of care prior to scaling.
- Evidencing the use of an outcome-focussed approach to planning and service configuration.